Oh Boy! It's a Circus shower!


Oh boy! It's a circus! Just threw a baby shower for my brother this past weekend. He and his wife are expecting their second child and it's a boy! It's about to be a circus at their house!

If you've been following my blog, you know that I love hosting parties. I especially love baby showers. I didn't spend a lot of money decorating this one either.

I am not a fancy baker, so I try to do simple desserts. I made rice krispies using blue marshmallow peeps to match the shower's colors. I stuck red and white striped paper straws through the centers like cake pops. I also made cotton candy on a stick. I used small lollipops and wrapped store bought cotton candy around the lollipop. Then, I put a cellophane bag over each cotton candy.

I placed a bag of salted peanuts in a glass jar and filled the popcorn buckets with animal crackers, chips, cheddar popcorn, and caramel popcorn. I placed candy shovels in the buckets for guests to scoop out treats. Easy!

I used lots of leftover supplies from previous parties like the green turf, wood crate, cupcake holder, galvanized tiered food tray, and chalkboard. I reused a black table cloth for the background and made a pennant banner using turquoise and red card stock. 

Making a pennant banner is simple! Cut triangles and punch two holes at the bottom of each triangle. Then, weave burlap yarn through the two holes. You can use any colors for the pennants that will match your party.

To add to the circus theme, I bought a small box of animal crackers and boxes of Cracker Jack to display. I put a baseball next to the boxes. I found that some of the best decorations are food and you can easily pick that up at the grocery store. Time saver!

I bought turquoise and red paper plates, utensils, and napkins. I covered all the tables with brown postal wrap paper. I have a giant roll that I use to cover the tables. I do this for just about every party. It's easy to clean up and it's a neutral color. You can write on it, too! I usually write messages to the guests or use it to write out directions for games and keep score.

Hope you liked my Circus baby shower!

Comments