Pokemon Party!


Just threw a Pokémon Go party! Happy 7th birthday, son! Here are some tips and pics from the party.

To create the Pokémon Scavenger Hunt, simply print your favorite Pokémon characters in color, laminate, and cut them out. Hide and tape them around your front or backyard. Use ping-pong balls to catch them. Just toss and touch each Pokémon. I made a corresponding Pokédex, so the kids could check them off as they caught each Pokémon. Scroll down below to see the instructions on the chalkboard and example of how I easily set it up. I am all about things being simple and easy to do. The kids really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. The little ones and older ones had fun and everyone got to run off some energy!

My son loves Nerf guns and this inspired me to also set up a Nerf gun target range by taping some Pokémon to the garage. I borrowed some Nerf guns from friends and used my son's Nerf guns. Lots of fun for the kids! Just make sure you tape a line on the ground and remind the kids to take turns.  

After the two outside activities, we snacked on Pokémon-themed treats. I named and labeled the treats after some of my son's favorite Pokémon. This is a great way to personalize the party for your child. I got to interview him beforehand about the game and his favorite characters. What a nice way to get to know more about your child's likes! As you can see from the treats on the plates and trays, I buy ready to go snacks. Always looking for timesavers!

To make the Pokémon ball plates, buy red and white plates of the same size. Cut the red plates in half and hot glue the bottom rim of the red plate to the top of the whole white plate. Then, fold a black napkin in thirds and place the napkin on top. I thought that these homemade plates looked more interesting than the ones at Party City. If you don't have time and you're a working mom like me, do what you need to do! You're not awful mom if everything is not homemade!!  

For party favors, I purchased plastic ball containers from Party City. Don't they look like Pokémon balls? They cost about $1.25 each. I filled them with mini Pokémon figurines, a few Pokémon cards, Pokémon bracelets, and sweets. This took me about 15 minutes to put together. I noticed very elaborate Pokémon party favors on Pinterest and that's not going to work for my budget or schedule. My best advice is to let go sometimes. It doesn't have to be perfect to be a memorable party for your child. 

Hope you enjoy the pictures and tips. Have a great Pokémon party! 




 



         

Comments