#iluvfoodtrucks

Here in Austin, we've got the BEST food trucks! You can find a food truck that serves just about any thing you're craving.

Because I have mad love for food trucks, I decided to blog about them as a mom and a teacher. Yes, a teacher!



As a mom, I love food trucks for several reasons. Here's why:

1. Food trucks are super kid-friendly. You don't have to worry about spills, making noise, and you're outside. Lots of evenings, there's live music or large outdoor games like giant Jenga or checkers. My kids love food trucks. Here's a pic of my son waiting for his food.

2. Meal choices are endless especially when you're at a food truck park. Everyone gets to pick what they want, walk up to a truck, and order. No more pre-dinner conversations that go something like this "where should we eat, what do you feel like eating, is this place kid-friendly."

3. It's fast and the quality of food is great. I've been to food trucks where they use fresh kimchi (Korean pickled veggies) or charcuterie meats or local organic vegetables and fruits. You can't find that at fast food restaurants.

Now shifting over to teacher mode, I was sitting at a food truck in Alpine, Texas that I learned of from the show, The Daytripper with Chet Garner. Here's a link
to the awesome show.
                                                                                                                                          
Anyway, I was reading over the menu admiring the font and the cool bumper stickers on the truck, just in awe over all the ways they serve up hot dogs. Instantly, a teaching idea came to me. What if I combined my love of food trucks and math to create a lesson for kids?

Well, here it is. Food Truck Math: A New Food Trend with lots of Math!

It comes with original food truck inspired menus plus 96 task cards. I cannot wait to put this out for my students to do! Here's a sneak peak!


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NEW-Food-Truck-Math-A-New-Food-Trend-with-lots-of-Math-8-menus-96-cards-2605428      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NEW-Food-Truck-Math-Good-Dog-Food-Truck-Math-Task-Cards-2605531     https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NEW-Food-Truck-Math-Wrap-it-N-Roll-Food-Truck-Math-Task-Cards-2606631        


Like it? Download it here.

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more creative, I came up with a way to display the task cards and menus using these food baskets. We've been using them at home all summer long for BBQs and parties. This is just an extra touch I plan to add to this food truck inspired lesson!

Happy Summer and Teaching!


Comments